Technical Support Specialist
Our direct client located in Dallas, TX has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Specialist at their corporate headquarters. This is a Direct Hire or Temp-to-Hire opportunity.
The Technical Support Specialist works within our client’s IT group and is responsible for providing technical assistance and hands-on support to internal users. This role will be the first line of support for troubleshooting end-user desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices, as well as software-related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Performs the installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, and printers.
- Administer and support Windows and Mac workstations, Exchange Online, and other related tools and software.
- Manage incoming service requests and troubleshoot client and server issues.
- Perform the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in Active Directory.
- Provision, maintain and support laptops, workstations, and physical and virtual servers.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Take "ownership" of the problem through final resolution.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to analyze and resolve end-user computer issues.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural documents.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Experience providing support both in person and remotely.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and meet established timeframes and deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-through.
- This job requires a High School diploma/GED, as well as a minimum of 3-5+ years of related experience.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Works with all departments and levels of management
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail is very important
- Clear and articulate verbal communication is important
- Confidentiality is a must
- The noise level in the environment is moderate to high, depending on the volume of calls on any given day
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: a1U4V000002xCygUAE