Technical Support Engineer I
Title: Technical Support Engineer 1 - Networking & Security
Location: Plano, TX
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Pay: $25/hr. (30% increase upon conversion)
CyberSecurity industry leader is seeking 12 Technical Support Engineers for a 6-month Contract-To-Hire opportunity in Plano, TX. The ideal Technical Support Engineer will have a deep understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP and layer 4 protocols. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in diving into cyber security with a growing company that has endless career opportunities. There will be a 7-8 week training academy upon hire that will teach you all the skills and knowledge necessary for success in this role but you might come in with basic knowledge of the following:
This opportunity will require a highly technical interview process gauging your knowledge centered around networking and security.
Requirements of the Technical Support Engineer:
- Entry - Junior level candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Knowledge in Routing & Switching (OSPF/BGP/VLAN/STP)
- Experience with Security (IPSEC/SSL-VPN)
- Knowledge in Cisco, CheckPoint and Juniper is a plus
- Deep knowledge and understanding with TCP/IP and layer 4 protocols (TCP/UDP)
- Good understanding of MAC/ARP/NAT/Route Tables
- Certifications such as Cisco CCNA and Juniper JNCIA are highly preferred but not required
Responsibilites will include:
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base.
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis.
- Set up equipment in the lab for replications
The benefits upon conversion are excellent and will include:
Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, 401(k) 50% match, Generous PTO, + 30% pay increase upon conversion.
Other perks include fully stocked kitchen, free catered lunches, discounts on merchandise, large on-site gym with instructor led work out classes and a Talent Development Team that provides 25+ courses to help employees boost their careers/skill-sets.
This position is NOT available for Visa Sponsorship.
If interested please send your resume directly to Lauren Guzman at firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you for considering Cornerstone Professional Placement to assist you in your next career move!