Technical Support Engineer I
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer for a 6-month Contract-To-Hire opportunity in Plano, TX. The ideal Technical Support Engineer will have a deep understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP and layer 4 protocols. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in diving into cyber security with a growing company that has endless career opportunities. There will be a 7-8 week training academy upon hire that will teach you all the skills and knowledge necessary for success in this role.
Must be available to provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis.
Requirements of the Technical Support Engineer:
- Entry - Junior level candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Knowledge in Routing & Switching (OSPF/BGP/VLAN/STP)
- Experience with Security (IPSEC/SSL-VPN)
- Knowledge in Cisco, CheckPoint and Juniper is a plus
- Deep knowledge and understanding with TCP/IP and layer 4 protocols (TCP/UDP)
- Good understanding of MAC/ARP/NAT/Route Tables
The benefits upon conversion are excellent and will include:
Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, 401(k) 50% match, Generous PTO, + 30% pay increase upon conversion.
Other perks include fully stocked kitchen, free catered lunches, discounts on merchandise, large on-site gym with instructor led work out classes and a Talent Development Team that provides 25+ courses to help employees boost their careers/skill-sets.
If interested please send your resume directly to Lauren Guzman at email@example.com - Thank you for considering Cornerstone Professional Placement to assist you in your next career move!
Job Status: Contract/Temporary