Tax Accountant - Public Accounting
CornerStone's Professional Placement has partnered with a boutique Accounting firm in Denton, TX seeking a Tax Accountant. As the Tax Accountant you will be responsible for tax preparation and advisory services for individuals, businesses, governmental and non-profit organizations. This is a full-time, permanent, salaried position that also pays overtime and semi-annual bonuses! This client has been in business for over 40 years and has amazing tenure, culture, and reputation. If you want work-life balance as a Public Tax Accountant and want to get PAID for EVERY HOUR WORKED, then this is the firm for you! They value their employees, have great benefits, and offer a great opportunity to get out of seasonal work.
Requirements for the Tax Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree and/or CPA is a plus!
- Must tax accounting software experience, Lacerte is a plus! Will also use Excel on a regular basis.
- Experience with a public accounting firm working on Tax accounting for individuals, partnerships and small businesses
- Auditing experience a plus! Will train!
- Experience with Quickbooks is a plus!
Compensation: Base Pay $50k-80k + paid overtime + twice a year bonus. The company has plenty of work if you like to make more money, but doesn't have unrealistic expectations for those that choose a strong work-life balance.
- Direct hire
- Twice a year bonus paid out based on company success
- Base Salary (exempt) + paid hourly for any work over 40 hrs/week
- Great Culture: Boutique / Hometown feel - Everyone works together!
- Everyone pulls together for tax season - typically open 1/2 day on Saturdays during the season (not nearly as aggressive as most companies)
- Simple IRA