Statistical Data Analyst
Title: Statistical Data Analyst
Location: New Orleans, LA
Salary: $55K - $70K + Annual Salary Increases
Job Opportunity for Recent Grads in Louisiana!
Are you a recent grad in Statistics or Mathematics looking to get your foot in the door with one of America’s Best Employers? (Named by Forbes). We are seeking an Entry-Level/Junior level Analyst to join the Forecast and Planning team within the Natural Gas industry. If you have knowledge and/or experience with Python, R, Tableau (data visualizations), SQL and Azure Machine Learning - we want to speak with you! This is an excellent opportunity and company to begin your career in Data Analysis/Modeling with one of America’s Most Trust Worthy Companies, Top Place to Work, Best Places to Learn.
The Analyst will be responsible for analysis and forecasting of daily and monthly gas volume usage throughout the enterprise. You’ll work with engineers and operations to evaluate local production opportunities, modify forecasts as necessary and evaluate transportation and storage capacity to ensure ability to meet peak days. Duties will include:
- Creating reports by utilizing various systems for data querying for analysis
- Use business data to run a variety of analytics models that help drive decision-making for financial, tactical and strategic purposes to ensure data accuracy.
- Perform load studies, load forecasting and statistical analysis of gas usage
- Design, implement, and create reports in BI Publisher and transitioned the reports to BOBJ, including the design, structure, calculations, and input data needed, as well as checking the reports to ensure efficient and accurate reporting.
- Create tables and views in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and maintain those tables for use in visualization software.
- Build and create data visualizations within Tableau.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics or related field.
- 6 Months -2 Years’ experience working with Python, SQL, R.
- Azure Machine Learning is a huge plus.
- Experience with Tableau is a must. (creating data visualizations).
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Vacation: 15 day PTO, 9 paid holidays, 1 paid floating holiday