Senior Tax Accountant
CornerStone Professional Placement is seeking a Sr. Tax Accountant for a full-time, permanent position in the Irving, TX area. The Sr. Tax Accountant will be responsible for performing monthly reconciliations to ensure entries for accruals are accurate, prepare and file monthly, quarterly, and annual sales, and research, review, and approve sales tax exemption certificates. The Sr. Tax Accountant will also work with an external tax advisor to maintain compliance/tax calendar for preparation, processing, and filing of sales. You will also work with the tax advisor to prepare property tax valuations and you will be responsible for sales, tax, and property tax audits, and analyze and prepare responses to the tax authority. In this role you will need to be well versed in sales, use tax, local tax, and State and Federal income tax.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Tax, or related field
- Master’s degree in Accounting and/or CPA and/or MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting, indirect tax, and/or sales/use
- Expert working knowledge of MS Excel to include vlookup, pivot tables, etc.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SOX controls
- Hands on experience using Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, or related enterprise system
- Strong technical knowledge of tax law and its application
- Experience working with internal/external auditors
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Sean Tuttle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Status: Full Time