We have an immediate opening for a full-time/permanent SQL DBA in Fort Worth, TX. This person will be required to work onsite 100% of the time.
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for supporting databases and ensuring their performance, availability, security, and scalability. Will be responsible for the physical design, configuration, and tuning of a critical high-volume system.
Specific Job Description:
- Ensure the availability and performance of the databases. Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure minimum downtime. Work with the System Administration team to sufficiently tune the database environment.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of issues.
- Capacity planning and monitoring database growth. Providing trend analysis to the management team enables them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth, Always On and system utilization, trend analysis, and predicting future database resource requirements.
- Defining database configuration standards related to performance and sizing for transactional and data warehouse databases.
- Responsible for improving and maintaining the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementing and releasing database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
- Establishes and maintains sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for database design and implementation, including all elements of database security implementation, user management, and maintenance.
- Performs general technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, and consultations with development teams.
- Manages database using SQL Server Management Studio and other third-party Admin tools.
- Create shell scripts for task automation.
- Mentoring and knowledge transfer to other Windows Engineers.
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule and provide 24x7 support as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand Application requirements.
- Follows Standard Operating procedures & Best Practices of Database Services group.
- Creates and maintains configuration standards.
- Performs User setup, Backups, and space allocation.
- Proactively monitors space usage and other resources specific to databases
- Provide cross-platform support
- Participates in Team discussions
- Willing to learn new technologies and provide engineering support to the team
Span of Control:
- Has no direct or indirect reports
- Work is performed under general supervision.
- Work is reviewed periodically for soundness of judgment.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience; Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5+ years of related experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in MS SQL 2012 and above as a DBA
- 2 or more years of experience in MS SQL 2014 and above as a DBA
- Must have some MS SQL 2019 experience
- Must have Always On Availability, Powershell, and T-SQL experience
- Oracle Database knowledge is as plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Information services preferred
- Knowledge of Network and connectivity is required.
- Multi-location site experience.
- Disaster Recovery experience for applications and database
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: a1U4V000002xA3VUAU