Senior Accounting Manager
Title: Senior Accounting Manager
Location: Frisco, TX
Pay: $87K - $127K
The Senior Accounting Manager will have 4 direct reports and will be responsible for ensuring company-wide compliance with US GAAP and internal accounting policies. The role will lead and serve as the project manager in the implementation of new standards and will interact with various levels of the organization and external auditors. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical accounting background with a good understanding of business processes with the ability to prioritize competing deliverables. Additional duties will include:
- Research and prepare accounting memorandums to support the Company’s positions and conclusion.
- Prepare journal entries and review, approve journal entries submitted by direct reports
- Provide direction, supervision and development to direct reports.
- May be involved in various financial systems and processes improvements and enhancements, while ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- Perform accounting data search and analysis as needed
Requirements of the Senior Accounting Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA is required
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP to identify and communicate potential issues confidently
- Ability to identify, conduct and document complex accounting research issues
- Strong organization and time management skills to effectively manage multiple commitments and deadlines
- Ability to oversee and coordinate the accounting team to ensure quality and production objectives are meet