Regional Planning Analyst
Title: Regional Planning Analyst
Location: New Orleans, LA
Salary: $70K - $80K
The Regional Planning Analyst will be responsible for the forecasting of daily and monthly natural gas volume usage by load study throughout the enterprise. The Analyst will compare actual volumes to forecasted volumes to determine variance by each component (i.e. resulting from weather difference number of customers, etc.) annually for peak/design daily and month forecasts. Additional duties will include:
- Modifying forecasts as necessary and communicating those revisions to appropriate personnel to be utilized in revising supply purchase and storage plans.
- Providing each business division regulatory support including processing data requests preparing testimony and testifying before state commissions.
- Evaluating transportation and storage capacity to ensure ability to meet peak days.
- Evaluating and optimizing transportation portfolio considering alternative transportation options upstream pipeline capacity and market changes that could affect the portfolio.
- Working with engineers and operations to evaluate local production opportunities.
Requirements of the Regional Planning Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 5+ years of related analytics experience within the Natural Gas industry
- Communication: Must have the ability to communicate, persuade and/or influence internal and external customers at a high level such as senior management on matters of a technical and/or complex nature
- Numeric: Must have a strong mathematical background with the ability to performance analysis involving ratios, percentages, statistical methods and regression analysis
- Computer Skills: Must have extensive knowledge of various software applications to create complex documents, reports, spreadsheets and graphics.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Health and Wellness Resources
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Vacation: 15 day PTO, 9 paid holidays, 1 paid floating holiday