Location: Houston, TX (Downtown)
Duration: 3+ Month Contract
The Python Data Engineer will be responsible for building robust data pipelines to pull data from various data sources, apply transformation logic and combine into large datasets that support model building and scoring in production. The Data Engineer will design and develop the data pipelines utilizing Python and will develop test suites to ensure code works as planned and enable fast edits as business requirements change.
Requirements of the Python Data Engineer:
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field
* 2+ years of professional Python software design and development - ability to design from scratch
* Experience building and monitoring data pipelines
* Proficient with Python packages: SQLAlchemy, Pandas, Sphinx and Pytest.
* Experience with Git, SQL, Continuous Integration and Deployment (Gitlab-ci, Ansible, Jenkins)
* Experience developing in containerized environments (Docker, LXC)
* Linux administration
* MongoDB and Redis experience
* Experience with pipeline framework like Prefect, Airflow, Luigi
* Experience with AWS or other cloud service