Title: NOC Engineer
Location: Plano, TX (REMOTE)
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Pay: $30 - $40/hr.
We are seeking talented, accomplished Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineers. As a NOC Engineer, you will proactively monitor our customer network and communicate potential issues to our customer success teams, perform back-end network performance and availability analyses, and verify machine learning and automation alerts. You will also provide direct support to our customer success engineers and TAC teams. You will need a deep understanding of the dynamic and evolving threat landscape in order to diagnose and solve complex technical issues related to threat mitigation and response.
Our Network Operations Center team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you will flag critical issues before anyone else as they are raised - in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. You’ll identify the source of a threat, raise it, fix it, and maintain our secure network with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
- Support technical teams in 24x7 operational environments
- Assess, draft, and deliver Root Cause Analyses (RCA) timely to internal and external stakeholders
- Tackle complex problems by using analytical thought to exercise sound judgment and create innovative solutions
- Proactively communicate issues and risks and escalate conflicts
- Initiate and prioritize incident responses and escalate to senior resources when necessary
- BS in Computer Science, computer engineering, systems or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Palo Alto Firewall experience and/or PCNSC Certified is a preferred.
- Proven experience in executing skills in RCA and problem resolution
- A superior grasp of network and server troubleshooting, monitoring tools, and escalation processes
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment with constant change to address emerging security risks and challenges
- Positive, growth-oriented mindset