Material Planner Analyst
Fortune 500 Company
Client Industry: Manufacturing - Commercial Vehicles & Engines
Title: Materials Planning Analyst
Location: McKinney, TX
Salary: $65K - $72K
The Material Planning Analyst will be responsible for managing inventory planning and ordering to ensure material availability, premium freight, surplus and obsolete, and inventory turn goals are met. This will include reviewing delivery performance, demand history, and other data to recommend SAP material planning and forecast setting changes to meet department goals. You will interface with suppliers, production, customer service, engineering, quality, and corporate purchasing to communicate and resolve material availability issues. Additional duties will include:
· Lead six sigma projects with suppliers to improve supplier delivery reliability.
· Serve as supply chain expert for their assigned commodities.
· Support new part / supplier EDI setup, troubleshooting and issue resolution and act as backup to primary EDI support position.
· Work with Supplier Quality to assess supplier readiness, capability, capacity and risk for part supply.
· Provide feedback on feasibility of part supply requested through, Ebuy, RFQ’s and ECN’s to ensure the team and management are made fully aware of supply chain risks.
· Work with Product Lifecycle Management to ensure appropriate timelines and dates are established for supply of new components.
· Attend and contribute to ECN readiness and RFQ meetings to ensure supplier issues are identified early and escalated timely ahead of project launch.
· Help continuously improve the project launch process and through lean management principles
· 3-7 years’ experience in material planning/analysis.
· Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to handle the demands of a just-in-time manufacturing environment.
· Constructive written and verbal communication skills.
· Creative, quality and results-driven work ethic.
· Experience managing multiple concurrent projects.
· Microsoft software proficiency (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint).
· ?? Four-year degree in Business Administration or other related field desired.
· SAP Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) knowledge and experience strongly desired.
· Working knowledge of statistics, operations management concepts, and EDI are strongly desired.
· Understanding of production facilities, assembly operations and heavy-duty truck knowledge are strongly desired.
· Truck Production experience desired.
· Continuous Improvement experience desired.
· Six Sigma training desired.