Distribution Team Lead
Due to growth, we are currently looking for a Distribution Team lead to have management and oversight of a team of 35 warehouse pickers, packers, boxers, fulfillment team members on their 3:30pm to 1:30am Monday-Thursday shift. Qualified candidates must have at least five years of leadership experience in a distribution center managing the oversight of fulfillment and distribution of 6-8K orders each shift, depending on size. This will require effective scheduling and headcount requirements per shift based on hourly, daily and product throughput reporting tracked by the lead. We are seeking someone who can work independently, create a positive "go team culture", while still holding employees accountable for their work. Customer experience is what sets apart from other companies; we establish that WOW effect through carefully packing and shipping our product so when the customer opens their package it is neatly packed, with brand name upward and products folded neatly.
Requirements of the Group Leader
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus but not required.
- GED / high school diploma required
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus but not required.
- 2 years of experience working with a pick-to-light system
- Pick-to-pass experience also highly desired
- Ability to train employees
- 5 years of experience working in a leadership role within a distribution center.
- Strong ability to manage and diffuse employee situations
- Understanding of WMS system. JDA knowledge is a plus
- Microsoft Excel knowledge to create hourly daily and product put through reports
- Understanding of run rate and how to use it to effectively manage a shift
- Very knowledgeable in inventory, cycle counts
- Understanding of how to slot products based on their velocity
- Desire to work in a Six Sigma environment
This is a new shift established for heavy order volume, which may become permanently established based on continued business. The lead in this role could be considered for a contract-to-hire should they see continued volume business and they feel the employee is a valuable asset to the company.
Benefits if hired on with company:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Basic Life / Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection
- 401K with 50% match up to 6%
If interested, send your resume to Allison Harrison at email@example.com and call 817-635-0500X162 for immediate consideration.