Director of Transportation & Logistics
Fort Worth, TX
Are you a Logistics Director with deep experience with domestic and international import and export freight? We are currently looking for a Logistics/Transportation Director for a permanent job opportunity in North Fort Worth. The Logistics/Transportation Director will provide leadership, oversight, and control of our client's inbound and outbound, domestic and international freight programs as well as manage regulations and documentation. The ideal Logistics Director will have a Bachelor's Degree, proficiency with JD Edwards or a similar WMS or ERP system, and deep expereince managing a logistics teams.
Responsiblities of the Logistics/Transportation Director
- Design and implement the logistics process and procedures
- Monitor and analyze the inbound and outbound transportation logistics supply chain and domestic and international freight
- Manage KPIs
- Negotiate and manage contracts with third party providers,
- Complete financial reporting to the annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Manage variances between actual freight costs and forecasts to understand trends, rate increases, port delays, potential risks and opportunities, devise and implement mitigation strategies
- A Bachelor's Degree in any relevant field, MBA in Logistics/Management is preferred
- Proficiency in JD Edwards (or any ERP), Provia (or any ERP),Excel, Powerpoint
- Strong reporting, forecasting, diagnosis, statistical analysis, process improvement and planning and strategy skills.
- At least 10 years of experience as a Transportation/Logistics Director, with domestic and international import and export freight experience.
- Experience with Transport cost monitoring
- Staff management experience
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Regina Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Full Time