CornerStone Professional Placement seeks an Design Engineer to join a well-respected company within the aircraft industry in Arlington. The Design Engineer will be responsible for the following activities and responsibilities form the important and critical aspects of the Job Description:
* Ensure timely delivery throughout key stages of the design project.
CAD concept and presentations
* To produce concept models drawings using Autodesk Inventor for customer approval and quotations.
* To be able to produce information from drawings for variety of end users, skilled and unskilled in all areas of the business from manufacturing to sales and purchasing.
* Create full manufacturing drawings from Autodesk Inventor models, for a wide variety of manufacturing processes including but not limited to welded fabrication and manual assembly.
* To model parts, sub-assemblies and projects in Autodesk Inventor.
* To work on and update information from Solid Works format and AutoCAD 2D drawings and import them into Autodesk Inventor system.
CAD Parametric family models
* To be able to design using the parametric functions of Inventor to enable adaptable parts and assemblies to be designed, so that product families may be rapidly manipulated.
* Understanding of CAD Simulation functions that are available within Inventor to be used to optimize part and assembly design.
* To have the ability to learn how to use Simulation to carry out basic structural and stability analysis.
* 2:1 BSc or BEng in engineering based course
* 2D and 3D CAD experience in Inventor or Solidworks
* Good knowledge of production techniques including welding, fabrication, sheet metal and machined components.