Commercial Insurance Underwriter
Direct Hire, Permanent
Are you a Commercial Insurance Underwriter with 2-3 years of experience or someone with Commercial or Personal Lines Insurance background wanting to take the next step? Our client is looking for a highly motivated professional to join them as a Program Underwriter. This commercial underwriting role will required you to deal with retailers, business owners, carriers and outside clients so you must have an outgoing and assertive personality to be considered! This full-time permanent role will provide you the opportunity to advance your commercial underwriting career! If you love working in small groups and passionate about process improvements, then this is the right opportunity for you!
Requirements for the Commercial Insurance Underwriter
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher, with a Business/ IT or Risk Management focus (preferred but not required)
- At least 2 years of experience in commercial underwriting, or at least 5 years of translatable experience
- Superior communication skills with an outgoing personality
- Must have an inquisitive mind and be a process improver
- Must be local to DFW
Perks of working for our client:
- They are a fast growing commercial insurance company with more than 70k policy holders and nearly $250M of written premium
- NOT a call-center environment.
- Smaller, open floor concept environment with a café-like environment (beer on tap, candy stations, hip work stations, free coffee, lunch and learns, happy hour)
- Work at the most hip place to be in North Dallas - Legacy West!
- Health Insurance/Benefits from Day 1
- 401k with up to 4% within the first 30 days
- Difference Card" - The card that will pay for your copay and deductibles
- 18 days of vacation/sick time that can be rolled over
- 30 days PAID vacation after 7 years of service
Job Status: Full Time