Certified Medical Assistant - Clinic Days
CornerStone Medical is looking for a skilled Medical Assistant for a family practice clinic in Las Colinas, TX. The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well being of all patients. This is a temporary assignment with the possibility of going permanent.
Responsibilities of the Certified Medical Assistant:?
- Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
- Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis as well as perform routine tests such as EKG’s.
- Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
- Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- 1 Year of Medical Assistant experience is preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant is required
- ACLS or BLS is preferred
Job Status: Contract/Temporary