Certified Medical Assistant - 30 Day Temp Project Assignment!
Fort Worth, TX
Looking to make some extra cash for your summer vacation? CornerStone Medical is looking for a skilled Medical Assistant for a 30 day temp project in Fort Worth, TX. The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well being of all patients. This is a 30 day temporary assignment.
Responsibilities of the Certified Medical Assistant:?
- Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
- Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
- Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- 1 Year of Medical Assistant experience is preferred
Job Status: Contract/Temporary