El Mirage, Arizona
The Area Superintendent (AS) is a pivotal role responsible for overseeing a specific area within the project and reports to the Project Superintendent. The core responsibilities of the AS are in line with those of the Project Superintendent but are focused on the designated project area. These duties encompass safety compliance, craft supervision, subcontractor coordination, scheduling, material handling, daily reporting, quality control, and craft training.
- A 4-year degree in civil or structural engineering, architecture, or construction management.
- Minimum of 5-6 years' experience on large commercial construction projects.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite (with a focus on Excel-based templates), Prolog, Primavera, and the AutoDesk Suite.
- Competency in construction layout, blueprint reading, and shop drawing interpretation.
- OSHA 10 Certification.
- CPR & First Aid Certification.
- Safety: Collaborate with foremen to create AHAs/STAs for self-performed work and review AHAs for subcontractors.
- Job Planning: Develop material handling and site utilization plans for designated areas. Coordinate material needs, RFIs, etc., with project engineers and office engineers.
- Scheduling: Contribute to project scheduling and maintain a 4-week schedule for the assigned area.
- Coordinate and supervise Company workforce in the specified area.
- Foster the development of field engineers, foremen, and craft persons.
- Coordinate and schedule subcontractors, participating in weekly scheduling meetings with subcontractors' foremen.
- Maintain accurate timekeeping and cost records, recognizing that future project bids may rely on these records.
- Ensure proper inspection of received materials for quantity and quality, including signed and coded receiving tickets.
- Uphold responsibility for all quality control on the project, both for Company and subcontractors.
- Maintain Project Logs.
- Perform other duties delegated by the project superintendent or project manager.
- Utilize a working knowledge of VDC (Virtual Design and Construction) scope of work and execution plan, aligning with project planning strategies for field operations.
- Collaborate with the VDC team by reviewing and navigating within the 3D model viewing and scheduling software.