AP Specialist III
Title: Accounts Payable Specialist III
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 6+ Month Contract
Pay: $25 - $27/hr.
Schedule: M-F 8am - 5pm
The AP Specialist III will cross-train with the AP Manager and AP Leads on various manager job functions will maintain all aspects of the accounts payable cycle. This position is an advanced role in the AP department and may include assigning duties and providing work direction for other AP Specialists. In this role you will be required to compile and prepare reports required by management including statistical metrics and productivity measures for AP department and staff. Duties will include:
- Process and ensure all invoices are paid by the required due dates.
- Ensure appropriate authorization is present.
- Ensure matching to PO when applicable.
- Validate mathematical accuracy of the document and review coding.
- Responsible for processing American Express travel account invoices and AT&T bills to include obtaining appropriate approvals for payment.
- Prepare manual checks as requested Prepare stop payments as required and forward to Treasury.
- Ensure process for voiding and reissuing checks is followed.
- Ensure that W-9s are obtained for all vendors during the year General back-up for AP Lead Assist AP Manager and Lead with various special projects
- Ensure all projects are completed by specified deadlines.
Requirements of the AP Specialist III:
- 5+ years’ experience with full cycle Accounts Payable
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Understanding of debits, credits, accrual methodology & general ledger processes
- Experience in review and processing of business expense reports for associates reimbursement
- EDI processing experience is a plus
For immediate consideration please send your resume to Lauren Guzman at firstname.lastname@example.org.