Accounting Systems Support Analyst
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: Full-time, Direct Hire.
Hours: M-F 8-5
Pay: DOE (Range is $58K - $70K)
The Accounting Systems Support Analyst will be responsible for assisting department directors in their budgeting responsibilities including building necessary programs and conducting necessary calculations to help in the budgeting process. The Support Analyst will be the primary person for journal entry upload macro, HBO/HSL and Lawson needs and be the main contact for computer systems needs while maintaining macros and uploads using Visual Basic. Additional duties will include:
- Assist other employees with spreadsheets, database issues and streamlining issues, including the budget process
- Build/run model tables using Trendstar to project care volumes, revenues and expenses for all hospitals
- Compute volume budget based on parameters set by the hospital administrator: Building history reports or volumes; Upload the volumes budgets and ensure budgets are ready to use in the revenue budget
- Update/making changes to the z-based budget program using VBA and conducting z-based classes in all hospitals
- Manage budget changes on a daily/monthly basis: Process and file budget change forms
- Perform and manage allocation of productive hours to non-productive (vertical spread) and allocate annual salary budgets monthly (horizontal spread) MCMC, MCDC, MMMC, MRMC
- Serve as primary backup for many reconciliation processes to ensure data validity and integrity between different systems
- Run AP accruals, uploads 1st one send subsequent reports to dept.
Requirements of the Accounting Systems Support Analyst
- Ideal candidate: Accounting degree with a process improvement mindset who is an Excel expert with SQL query ability and Healthcare industry experience.
- Computer literacy required (advanced Excel, Access, SQL)
- 3+ years of Hospital accounting experience
- Report Writer experience (Crystal reporting is preferred)
- Ten key by touch
- Application programming language: Visual Basic, SQL
- Experience with Lawson is preferred
- Experience with Trendstar