We are currently looking for a Manager of Oncology for our clients Med Surg unit. Bachelors of Science in Nursing and at least two years of staff nurse experience.
The Oncology Manager is responsible for coordinating the departmental function and planning for the delivery of patient care while containing costs.
- Basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process
- Knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Create or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards
- Promotes effective communication within the multi-professional team
- Requires understanding of management and delegation principles
- Performs additional assignments/activities as assigned
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current CPR - healthcare provider, issued by American Heart Association.
- Recent experience at the level of staff nurse, preferably within the last two years.
- Additional significant experience in area of specialty is preferred.
- Three years of management experience preferred.
Quick apply online or call Erica E. at 972-370-5125 ext. 234