Compliance Consultant with J.D.
We are currently seeking 2 Compliance Consultant Attorneys looking for a potential Contract-to-Hire role in the Dallas area. The Compliance Consultant Attorney will have more than 7 years of experience within the mortgage or auto financial industry focusing on originations and/orservicing compliance, operational risk and regulatory management. The Compliance Consultant Attorney will bring his expertise on banking and mortgage industry compliance regulations, focusing on the Adverse Action requirements related to the ECOA/RegB. This is an extremely exciting ground-floor, strategic role developed as the first line of defense for risk and regulatory exposure. The Ideal Compliance Consultant Attorney will desire not only a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves position offering regulatory and control guidance for standard business practices, processes and policies but also a position at the helm of this exciting start-up effort!
Come to work for a company where you can have a voice and will be heard. Enjoy a casual work environment with an industry leader that offers tremendous growth opportunities, great benefits and lots of perks. If you are an attorney looking for a pure Consulting role or a Compliance Director with deep experience in the mortgage/financial services industry looking for your next challenge, then we have several positions that we would love to speak with you about!
Requirements for the Compliance Consultant Attorney:
- A Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited university
- Must be a TX-licensed attorney with more than 10 years of experience within the mortgage, auto and/or financial lending space focusing on compliance testing and monitoring AND/OR learning and development, operational risk management, and process mapping.
- Holistic understanding of financial services such as originations, servicing and collections focusing on compliance and operational risk
- Strong understanding (SME-level) of the Fair Lending Regulations including the FDCPA, FCRA, UDAPP, SCRA and ECOA/Reg B along with the Adverse Action Requirements
- Must embody an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to adapt very well to a very fluid and exciting start-up working environment.
Partial Benefits Overview for the Compliance Consultant Attorney role upon conversion:
- Healthcare (PPO or HAS) Day 1
- 22 PTO Days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 1 Day Volunteer PTO
- 401K w/6% Match with day 1 rollover of prior contributions
- Vested Day 1
Job Status: Contract/Temporary